We’re here for you when you’re experiencing a dental emergency and our team is able to help whether you're a current patient or a new walk-in patient.
Sometimes we have patients contact us for emergency dental care and we have to help them determine if they need to be seen ASAP by one of our dentists or if they can visit us during our normal operating hours. The best way to help us help get you in for the appropriate emergency dental care is to call us at 717.761.0341 and talk to our treatment coordinators.
There are emergency situations that usually do require immediate medical attention from a dentist including:
- Severely broken teeth
- Severe tooth pain in your teeth or gums (toothaches)
- Major dental swelling
- Dental trauma and accidents
- Loose teeth
- Gum infections/foul odor
- Emergency tooth extractions
Other circumstances may require an emergency visit to the dentist that isn’t listed on this page, but it’s always best to call our treatment coordinators to determine the severity of your condition and the necessity of an emergency appointment.
Who Do I Call For An Emergency Dental Appointment?
Fox dental along with our network of sister offices is available to provide after-hours dental care for our Lemoyne, Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg area communities. If you are in need of emergency dental care you can call 717.761.0341.
Did you break a tooth?
Here’s what you can do to help with treatment:
- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm water mixed with a teaspoon of salt
- If bleeding is present, you can gently apply pressure to the injury area with a small piece of gauze for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bleeding stops.
- You can apply an ice pack or cold compress to the injury location to relieve swelling and pain.
- If the pain isn’t remedied by a cold compress, you can also reduce pain by taking an over-the-counter pain reliever.
Was your tooth completely knocked out? If you have had your tooth completely knocked out and have it in one piece, you should handle it with extreme care and touch the tooth as little as possible. Handle the tooth by only touching the chewing surface, doing your best to not touch the root. You can preserve the tooth in a glass of milk apply a wet compress on the wound in your mouth to stop any bleeding.
In addition to the emergency dental services that we can perform at our clinics, we’re able to perform emergency wisdom tooth removal at our sister oral surgery center, Alfano Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Enola, PA. Call us at 717.761.0341 to contact our treatment coordinators for dental emergencies.